Public comments at today’s DMCC Board meeting included:
- historic and heritage preservation considerations.
- recent media attention regarding pace of development.
- concerns regarding the method by which proposals and related information are being delivered to the DMCC Board.
- request to evaluate the use of planning consultants in the development process (presented as a comparison to the stadium proposal) to ensure the $585M in public dollars invested in DMC are used effectively and efficiently.
- need to protect taxpayers and be cognizant of potential conflicts of interest.
- desire for comprehensive renewable energy plan for Rochester and request that DMC supports the weeklong EarthFest event planned for April 2016.
- recommendation that city invests in elevated transit system.