123 Lafayette Street
Winona, Minnesota 55987
Design Thinking Workshop:
Ideas to Solutions in 90 Minutes
Students, business representatives and community members are invited to participate in a free design thinking workshop, hosted by The Garage Cowork Space, on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
Participants in this workshop will learn the art of design thinking to address problems and create solutions in just 90 minutes.
Design thinking is a process for creative problem-solving using a human-centered approach that includes:
• FRAMING: understanding the current situation from a human-centered and empathetic point of view.
• IDEATING: conceptualizing and exploring ideas that might address unmet needs.
• EXPERIMENTING: trying out ideas in order to learn more.
Participants will learn how to take their idea from a raw concept to a workable solution in a fast-paced, hands-on workshop.
Ideas that emerge from the workshop will help prepare participants to submit those ideas to Destination Medical Center’s Assistive Tech Challenge.
The Assistive Tech Challenge is a pitch competition to facilitate greater independence for individuals with disabilities and the daily challenges they face.
The Assistive Tech Challenge seeks solutions to:
• Alleviating barriers to employment
• Reducing the need for and/or easing the demands of direct support on care providers
• Developing social skills that better enable people with and without disabilities to interact and cultivate meaningful relationships; and
• Improving access to the community through public infrastructure
The Assistive Tech Challenge is April 4, 2020 in Rochester, Minnesota. More details to be announced later this fall.
Questions can be directed to [email protected]