312 S. Barstow
Eau Claire, WI 54701
Learn how to take your idea from a raw concept to a workable solution in this fast-paced, hands-on workshop!
WHAT IS DESIGN THINKING?
Design thinking is a process for creative problem-solving using a human-centered approach:
• FRAMING: understanding the current situation from a human-centered and empathetic point of view.
• IDEATING: conceptualizing and exploring ideas that might address unmet needs.
• EXPERIMENTING: trying out ideas in order to learn more.
GOALS OF THE WORKSHOP
• Become acquainted with your own design thinking qualities.
• Practice design thinking.
• Gain confidence and practical inspiration for participating in the Destination Medical Center Assistive Tech Challenge Pitch Competition.
LEARN TO PRACTICE DESIGN THINKING QUALITIES
• Human-centered & empathetic thinking
• Collaboration & participation
• Risk taking & embracing failure
• Dynamic mindset• Dealing with ambiguity
• Reflection & critical thinking
• Visual communication
• Prototyping & testing
This event is free and open to the public. Food will be provided to participants.