Link is a proposed 2.6-mile bus rapid transit (BRT) route along 2nd Street SW that will connect downtown Rochester, the Mayo Civic Center, Mayo Clinic campuses, and the Rochester-Olmsted Government Center.
The 2nd Street SW corridor is one of the most heavily-used corridors in the City of Rochester, carrying more than 21,800 vehicles and 13,000 transit riders each day. The corridor is already near capacity, and congestion causes significant delays for transit users, drivers, and others traveling through the area. Link will:
- Expand transportation options.
- Reduce the need for expensive parking.
- Alleviate future congestion.
- Prepare for downtown growth and support sustainable development.
- Improve quality of life for residents, employees, and visitors.
Downtown is expected to grow dramatically in the coming years. Link will help people take more trips downtown by riding transit, biking, walking, and carpooling.