The DMCC Board just approved a new mission statement for the DMC initiative… Here’s what they board proposed and endorsed:
With Mayo Clinic at its heart, the Destination Medical Center (DMC) initiative will be the catalyst to position Rochester, Minn. as the world’s premier destination center for health and wellness; attracting people, investment and jobs to America’s City for Health and supporting the economic growth and its biosciences sector.
- Create a comprehensive strategic plan with a compelling vision that harnesses the energy and creativity of the entire community
- Leverage the public investment to attract more than $5 billion in private investment to Rochester and the region
- Create approximately 35,000–45,000 new jobs with workforce development strategies that support growth
- Generate approximately $7.5–$8 billion in new net tax revenue over 35 years
- Achieve the highest quality patient, companion, visitor, employee, and resident experience, now and in the future